We may earn money or products from some of the companies mentioned in this post.
If you are not yet ready to take on a commitment to work from home on a full time basis but still want to earn some income online, I have a few options for you. There are some companies that offer temporary employment that you can do for less than a year, just a few months or only for the summer. This option is great for students, teachers, those who only need to make extra cash due to social security guidelines or for individuals who may have committed themselves to other obligations.
Before you apply, make sure that you decide in advance how many hours you are willing to work and firmly stick to it. Also, thoroughly read over each job description of the company that you are interested in to see if it will be a good match for you and can accommodate your needs. Another great option for temporary work at home is to work jobs and gigs that allow you to work whenever you want. These are some of the most flexible work at home jobs around.
15 Temporary Work at home Jobs
- Uhaul – Uhaul is looking for people to work from home taking inbound calls in their Contact Call Center department providing customers with general assistance. Although this is a part-time work at home job, Uhaul will also consider applicants that are only seeking temporary summer employment. There is no selling or experience required but you will need to make sure that you have all of the technical requirements at your residence and are at least 16 years old. Uhaul also offers paid training.
- Pleio – This company has openings for what they call “good starters” to work from home assisting individuals to get into a good routine of taking their medications. This job also requires no experience but you will have to undergo a background check in order to be considered for this position. Remote workers get bonuses on special days and holidays, gift cards, are able to set your own schedule and it is one of the higher paying work at home jobs online. You can make up to $21 helping others from your home office.
- Yardi Matrix – Work from home for 6-8 weeks as a rent surveyor calling various apartment communities asking a variety of questions. No experience is required for this position also. They only hire in the Spring, Fall and Winter. This job pays at least a minimum wage at your state’s jurisdiction.
- Zero Chaos – Get paid to be an Ads Quality Rater for Zero Chaos and make a guaranteed rate of $15 per hour. Their contact for remote workers will normally last for a year but if you do a good job, you may be invited to sign another agreement for an additional year. Please check their official website to see if they are hiring at this time. If not, please check back periodically.
- Kelly Services – This reputable company that offers contract, contract to hire or direct hire employment opportunities also has work at home jobs posted on their official website. I saw a couple listed on their website that you can check out. If you only desire temporary employment, please do not apply to any jobs that state they are temp to hire.
- Kelly Connect – Kelly Connect has several work at home openings that need to be filled for chat and inbound tech support reps. A few of those jobs require remote workers to work evenings and overnight but not all. All of the jobs are hourly pay and Kelly Connect has been known to give their workers computers for certain position.
- 1800 Flowers – This company recruits home agents to take floral orders during peak times throughout the season, particularly during the holidays or special occasions. The pay is around $9 per hour. I believe you now need to go through Sutherland CloudSource in order to work as a sales agent for 1800 Flowers.
- Teleflora – Another company that needs temporary workers to work mostly during the holidays taking floral and sales orders from home. Hourly pay.
- Blooms Today – Work from home as an independent sales agent for Blooms Today making anywhere from $15 up to $24 per hour! You will only be taking inbound calls. Although there is no experience required, they are looking for people who can learn quickly, have strong communication skills and an interest in selling.
- Call Center QA – Make $5 per call as a telephone mystery shopper. You can use your cell phone and calls only last 5-10 minutes. Please keep in mind that you may not be consistent work because the calls are made available on an as-needed basis.
- Leapforce – This company is currently looking for internet savvy individuals to evaluate and improve search engine results. You must have excellent web research skills, be familiar with American culture, and have a smartphone.
- Active Network – This company hires reservation agents to work from home. This is a temporary position that is expected to last 6 months with a chance to work on a longer-term basis. This position requires you to have a desktop computer working up to 29 hours per week.
- Measurement Incorporated– This company is currently seeking applicants to work from home scoring essays for content, organization and grammatical conventions. Pays $11.70 per hour every two weeks via direct deposit.
- Nieman Marcus – This well-known company hires customer care reps to support customers shopping through their catalog and online divisions to assist with purchases and inquiries.
- Sig Track – This is a company that recruits home agents to work on a temporary basis keying in signatures and registrations from home. There is a short learning curve but once you get the hang of your job duties, it is a lot easier. You may need to check back periodically to see if this company has openings. I normally let my followers on my YouTube channel know when they are hiring so don’t forget to subscribe.
Not enough on this list? If you are looking for more short-term or temporary work at home jobs, please visit the weekly job section or Friday freebie pages for current listings.