So you are out of school for the summer and you are looking for a few ways to make money in your spare time. You may decide to mow your neighbor’s grass, do some babysitting, house sitting, petsit if you are an animal lover, pressure wash buildings, and other random things. In addition to this or as an alternative, you can make money from your computer, smartphone, and tablet with these few sites. Find out at least 40 ways teens can make money this summer.
Before you get started, make sure that you have a reliable internet connection, a valid email address, and possibly a PayPal or bank account if the company does not have a check option.
I would also recommend that you set a schedule to plan out how many hours and days you will spend at your computer at a time so that you will be more likely to stick to your goal and also have a good routine set in place. Try to go into a quiet room in your home so that you will not get distracted by your siblings, the television, or phone calls. You may have to silence your calls until you get finished.
All of these tips will help you to be more successful at making some extra income from home.
Now that you are ready to get started, here are some legitimate companies that are open to teens and others that will pay you to do a variety of simple tasks online. Most of these sites require you to be at least 13 unless otherwise stated.
- Rewardia – This is such a fun site to use because you get to chat with your peers about topics that appeal to you on an online discussion forum. You can get paid to watch Videos, play games, and do other simple tasks for real cash.
- Feature Points – Get paid real cash or free gift cards to download and install completely free apps. You must have each app installed for at least 2 minutes.
- PrizeRebel – One of my favorite ways to earn cash, gift cards, online game cards, direct deposit, bitcoin, and more. Super cool site that will reward you for answering questions, watching videos, categorizing names, and more.
- Bankrollbucks – This site will send you a check in the mail when you click on small banners to visit new websites, play games like Spin-o-Rama, take surveys, and more. Checks are mailed out every Friday. You can also receive your money via PayPal or gift cards and instant Amazon codes to buy stuff at Amazon. Open worldwide.
- Panelpolls – Entire families can use this site to check out new TV shows, beta test mobile apps, and games, participate in focus groups and so much more. You will also receive a check in the mail.
- Kidz Eyes – Take part in online surveys in your spare time for real cash. You must live in the US and be at least 6 years up to 12 years old. Check in the mail.
- InstaGC – Make money with this site as you search online, download apps, watch interesting videos, listen to the radio, and more. Pays via instant gift cards, direct deposit, check, or PayPal.
- Slicethepie – If you enjoy listening to music, are a fashionista, or even like watching commercials, you can join this site to get paid to be a reviewer. Payments are made via PayPal twice a week.
- Qmee – Get paid to search the web with this extension and take surveys. You will earn cash in real-time when you visit a sponsored website. Super Easy! Pays via PayPal.
- Ysense – Get paid to view ads and more. Pays via check in the mail, PayPal, and more. Must be at least 16.
- Survey Savvy – Get paid with a check to take online surveys and download Savvy Connect to earn an extra $180 per year. Must be 14.
- YouGov – Watch TV commercials, answer trivia questions about Disney, math and spelling quizzes and so much more via their mobile apps. It is super fun!
- Grab Points – Get 500 free points when you join. This site pays you to read articles, share apps with your friends, take surveys, play games, and more. Must be 13. Rewards are redeemed via PayPal cash or free gift cards.
- E-Poll – Express yourself! Get paid to take online surveys. It’s free to join E-Poll. Must be 13.
- Mintvine – Get paid to select an answer through multiple choice, take surveys, try offers, and more. PayPal cash or free gift cards.
- Ibotta – Download and install this app to get $10 when you join plus cash back when you upload your receipts.
- MyPoints – Earn free gift cards or PayPal cash to read your emails, shop online, and more. MyPoints will match you with the best surveys to try. Each survey is worth points that you can cash out for gift cards to popular shopping sites like Amazon. The amounts vary, but you can earn up to $35 per survey! Plus, after you complete just 5 surveys on MyPoints, they’ll give you a $5 Sign Up Bonus as a thank you.
- Freecash – Get paid to download apps, complete offers, and take surveys. You can get cash or free gift cards.
- GetUpside – This free app will pay you in cash or free gift cards to get gas, groceries, and eat out. Use the code ALICIA7572 to get $0.30 cashback off each gallon of gas you purchase.
- Swagbucks – Get paid for your online activity and also earn free cash or gift cards when you install the Swagbucks TV apps to watch movie trailers and more.
- Global Test Market – Get paid to take opinion polls. Must be 14.
- Fetch Rewards – Get paid to scan receipts from any store. Use code G4HBH to get $2 when you join.
- Dabbl – Get paid to view ads, answer surveys, and more during your downtime.
- Points Prizes – Get free PayPal cash or gift cards to share deals and coupons online, sign up and try offers, and more.
- Quick Rewards – Get cash fast to take surveys, play games, and more. Pays within 24 hours via PayPal. You can also select free gift cards.
- Panel App – Browse your smartphone or tablet as you normally would get free prizes.
- The Forum Wheel – Make money by posting on various forums that are geared towards your interests and preference.
- Cash 4 Books – Ship out your old books for real cash. Checks will be sent to you in the mail after your books have been received and processed.
- LEO Opinions – Take surveys and get paid for your answers. You must be at least 14 and live in the United States or Canada to participate.
- Thredup – Ge $10 when you join plus a check in the mail when you send them your old clothing items and handbags.
- Opinion Plus Panel – Get paid to share your opinions in their survey polls. It is open in several countries. Payments are made via check or PayPal.
- Humanatic – Get paid through your PayPal account to listen to recorded calls and place them in the correct category. Very easy!
- ACOP – Short for American Consumer Opinion Panel is always looking for panelists to give their feedback and opinions in exchange for cash. Must be 14 to join. Open in several countries.
- My Soap Box – Get instant gift cards or vouchers for participating in online surveys.
- Appen – Get paid to be a social media evaluator and work from home for just 1-4 hours a day helping them with social media profiles. You must be an active user of social media and have followers on your social media accounts. Hourly pay.
- Savvy Connect – Download this free app and earn $15 a month to install it on 3 internet-connected devices as you browse the web.
- Tutor – Get paid to tutor students from your home office. Cambly is a site that will pay you $10.20 per hour to do this from home every Monday via PayPal.
- Start a blog – Yes, teens can start their own blog or website even for free with sites like Wix, Weebly, and Bluehost to enable ads to be shown on their website for passive income. To find out how these works take this online course. You can also check out this book, “How to make Money Everyday Blogging for full-time Income“.
- Mindfield Panel – Earn cash incentives for every survey you complete. Our members earn real money so join today! Must be at least 15.
- Checkout51 – Use this app to get free cash when you upload your grocery receipts. Read all about how it works here.
You can also try Music Xray. This site will pay you $0.10 for every song you listen to for just 30 seconds. You can watch this video tutorial that explains how it works below. Don’t forget to subscribe to find out more ways teens and others can make money online. You can also check out these pages for more money-making ideas for teens.