We may earn money or products from some of the companies mentioned in this post.
UserTesting.com pays Internet users and others from all over the world to review websites and mobile apps right from home. This job is referred to as being a website tester. Website testers are paid $10 for a 20-minute test. Most testers take at least 2-4 tests per week, so it isn’t a Get-Rich-Quick scheme, but you can easily make over $1,000 a year by taking a couple of tests each week. This post will explain how it works, why this is a great way to make money from home and how you can make up to $1,000 a year doing so.
How Does it Work?
Companies are looking for feedback on their websites and mobile apps. UserTesting’s users or website testers help provide that feedback. UserTesting will record your screen and voice as you navigate through a series of tasks. Each test takes 15-20 min to complete. Once complete, the test is uploaded to User Testing. It’s simple and easy for testers. Sign up to take a test, perform each task, speak your thoughts aloud clearly…and get paid!
How Do I Get Started?
In order to start taking tests for money, you first need to sign-up and submit a sample test (to make sure you can perform tasks in order and speak your thoughts aloud).
- Go to UserTesting and signup.
- Download the screen recorder and submit your sample test.
- Once approved, you will be able to take 20 minute tests that pay you $10 each.
How Do I Get Paid?
UserTesting.com pays testers via PayPal. You will need a PayPal account in order to receive your money. After you complete a test, you will receive the money exactly 7 days later (so that UserTesting can review the test and make sure all tasks were completed and that you thought aloud the entire time).
How Much Will I Make?
Most users complete 2-3 tests per week, which would be $20-30 per week. Over the course of a year, that’s $1000-1600. Additionally, you will be helping to improve the web by providing companies with valuable user feedback?
Is It Legit?
Yes! UserTesting has been in business for over 7 years and works with big brands like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, Verizon, Dell, Sony, Target and many many more. In 2014, UserTesting has paid out almost $2 million to their testers.
- Stay logged-in to your dashboard. You will receive more tests because we know you are actively on the site.
- Log-in to your dashboard from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. PST for the best chance at receiving tests. This is when most businesses are posting tests.
- You want a 4-5 star rating. With a higher rating you will receive priority for receiving new tests. If your rating drops too low, you will stop receiving tests.
- Don’t take tests you don’t qualify for. It’ll be obvious you don’t qualify and you will get a low rating for the test.
- Don’t try to complete a lot of tests in one sitting. It’s much easier to receive tests if you do them over the course of the week rather than many in 1 day.
- Use an Ethernet connection for your Internet. WiFi is slower and the upload may not be fast enough.
- Payments take 7 days to process (so we can check to make sure everything is okay with the uploaded test). Testers will receive their money after 7 days provided there are no issues with their test.
- Take your time and don’t rush.
- Make sure you understand the scenario (the mind-set you are asked to take for the test) before beginning the test.
- Complete each task before moving on to the next task.
- Keep speaking throughout the test. Speak your thoughts out loud and clearly into the microphone.
- If there is a problem with the test or if a test takes more than 20 minutes to complete, click the “Help” button and then click “Report a Problem.”