We may earn money or products from some of the companies mentioned in this post.
If you are a stay at home mom with small children you may be wondering if there are any jobs that you can do from home without having to be on the phone. These kinds of jobs appeal not just to stay at home moms or dads but a lot of people who have gotten burned out on customer service and call center at home jobs or those who may not have the patience or skills. When you are looking for work at home, some companies require that you have a quiet home environment to be able to successfully conduct your task or assignment. But that is almost impossible when you have small children or a newborn baby that requires your full time and attention.
It seems as though the only way to get around this would be not to work (which is not an option), to work when they are asleep or have someone else watch them. If you are currently facing this dilemma, I have some work from home jobs that you can do that do not have these requirements. There are even some jobs you can work when you want or at your own pace or schedule.
- TheSmartCrowd formerly known as Virtualbee – This is a legit data entry company that will allow you to work when you want any time of the day or night. There are no schedules to keep and the work is flexible. You can pick which assignments you want to work each day depending upon the workload and availability. The pay is per task but it is possible to earn somewhere around $5 to $6 per hour. It is definitely not full-time pay but it is a way for you to earn extra money from home in your spare time and still be able to tend to your children because you can log off whenever you need to and come back to your work when you are ready. They pay every week as long as you have $30 in your account. There is a small typing test required but if you have trouble with this I have a video that has tips to help you pass the test.
- Textbroker – This company pays every week also. You get paid to write articles online for this company. You do not have to have any experience doing this although you will be required to take a test beforehand to check your grammar and spelling. You pick from a pool of articles that need to be written on. You can only pick out one article at a time and you will have 24 hours to complete it after you accept your assignment. If you cannot complete it within that period of time, it will go back into their database. But you can work as much or as little as you want. They pay every Friday through your Paypal account as long as you have earned $10.
- Fiverr – This is not necessarily a work at home job but it is a way to earn steady extra income from home. In fact, you can even complete a gig in less than 5 minutes for $5 using this site. There are other companies that are similar to Fiverr where you sign up to complete online gigs or tasks for someone in exchange for $5. They do take a percentage of your earnings so your $5 gig will end up earning you $4 after Fiverr takes their cut. Some of the gigs you could provide for others would be to design a logo for someone, sing them a song, make a video, or a variety of unusual things. If you get enough clients you could even start your own business doing gigs for others and sell your services on your own blog or website.
- Leapforce – Become a search engine evaluator. No doubt you have experience searching the Internet already and that is what this work at home job is all about. They need individuals to work from home part-time searching the Internet and giving their feedback online. There is a test that is involved before you are accepted. They have a flexible schedule where you can also work when you want but you will be required to work at least 20 to 30 hours per week. This is a legit work from home opportunity and the pay around $14 per hour!
- UserTesting – This website will pay you to test websites and apps online. You can work from home on a flexible schedule doing this for this company and other similar companies online. You will answer 4 questions and get paid $10 through your paypal account for each website that you test.
- Amazon Mturk – You can get paid to do several short tasks online. They do not pay a lot of money but you can pick from which tasks you would like to complete and work and get paid daily! This is a flexible work from home job. They pay by transferring funds through your Amazon payments account or to your Amazon gift card balance. Sign up here.
- Clickworker – This company will pay you to complete tasks online from your smartphone or on your computer. You can work from anywhere for this company. The pay is around $9 per hour and they offer bonuses as well. Payment is made every week through your paypal account or by direct deposit. You can sign up here to start earning money from home today. Here is a recent video that explains more about Clickworker and how it works.
- Appen – Work from home for just 1 or 4 hours a day as a social media evaluator. This is a very easy work at home job that does not require any experience, allows for background noise, offers a flexible work schedule and pays around $13 per hour. If you are currently using social media to connect with your family and friends, this is the job for you. Make sure that you are a daily social media user and have the number required Facebook friends and followers on Instagram. You can read my full review here.
- Internet Searcher – Work from home part time searching the web to find information from a personalized list. You can complete these tasks from your mobile devices or on your computer and make up to $75 extra cash per month.
- Moderators – There are companies all over the web that need people to moderate forums on various topics regarding posts that are published by community members to keep the community safe, to watch and report on video content for the clients and other related duties. The work is simple and enjoyed by many. You can find other work at home moderating jobs by going to Live World, Mod Squad, and more by visiting the weekly job section and Friday freebie pages of this website.
- Online Scorer – Get paid $10 per hour every week listening to audio files from kids attempting to read prepared texts. You will transcribe word and non-word utterances in the audio files. You can work your own schedule and there is no experience required. Payments are sent to your PayPal account.
- Telephone Mystery Shopper – Call Center QA is a great way to earn some extra cash while your children are taking naps as a telephone mystery shopper. This job doesn’t require any experience or a background check plus you get paid to evaluate various businesses through telephone calls that last just 10 minutes. The company pays $5 per call fast.
- Yardi Matrix – Work from home calling various apartment communities asking them a variety of questions about rent, rent specials and other details. You are allowed to have background noise because you want to appear to be a potential renter. The great thing about this job is that you are not required to sell anything and you even get paid if you don’t speak to anyone!
- Call Reviewer/Scorer – Humanatic is a company that is always looking for call reviewers to sort calls into various categories as you listen to prerecorded calls from home. You can listen to these calls from your smartphone as another option. It is very easy work but the pay is below average. You will get paid weekly as long as you have $10 in your account. Check it out if you are interested. There is another job that is similar to Humanatic but pays more that you can apply to also. You can read more about it here.
- Wonder Research – You can work from home for this company as a researching interesting facts that their users have submitted and still have time to do other things. You can even make up to $500 a week completing these tasks from home if you are focused and active on the site. You can choose to work just a few hours a week or as many as you like
If you need more jobs that are similar to what is one this list and you are a stay at home mom or dad, please browse these posts and pages below.