Can you really blog your way to a full-time income? I am going to dispel some of the myths that you may have heard about blogging and tell you the truth! It is absolutely true that you can blog your way to full-time income but you can not do it without a blog or online platform where you can publish posts on a regular basis.
I have been blogging for more than 6 years now and I can tell you that this is the main way that I am able to generate income online. Not just side income but full-time income from home. You can do so too and I will explain why you should give it a second thought if you want to make money every day from home.
The Benefits of Blogging
You may be wondering what kind of benefits you will receive from blogging and if it is even worth your time. Here are just a few of the benefits that you can expect from blogging.
- Be your own boss – Literally, you can decide to work when and for how long you want to work on your blog on a schedule that works best for you. I would recommend that you blog on a weekly basis to keep your audience interested but that can be late at night on the weekends for just a few minutes each day or whatever you decide.
- Help Others – If you are looking for a way to give back or you have something insightful or informative to share with the world, blogging is the perfect platform for you to be able to accomplish this. You can really make a difference in other people’s lives with your own blog or website which will give you a good feeling and encourage you to continue.
- Connect with Brands – As a blogger, you may eventually be contacted by major corporations, brands, and businesses to include a sponsored post on your blog. This will also help you to bring valuable content to your blog readers.
- Freebies – One of the many perks of having your own blog is that you may be sent free items and products from time to time from companies who want you to sample and possibly showcase or give a personal testimony of their product. You may even be sent several freebies. One for you to keep and others for you to give away.
- Steady Income – If your blog is able to receive visitors on a weekly basis and you have your blog monetized (advertisements placed on your blog) you will be able to earn income not just on a monthly or weekly basis but every single day! Some professional bloggers are able to generate thousands of dollars a month just by having their own blog or website.
There are many other advantages and benefits to blogging that are not included on this list but this just gives you a general idea of what you can expect to gain from blogging. I can honestly tell you that blogging has literally changed my life. I am so glad that I didn’t allow fear to dictate my pursuit of blogging.
Where to get a Blog?
If you want to start blogging today, please visit Bluehost.com. This is a company that has some of the best web hosting plans available on the internet to date. The package plan only starts at $3.95 per month and comes with a free domain, site builder, 1 click WordPress install, and 24-hour support to assist you with all of your blogging needs. That is less than $50 a year! If you use Ebates, you will get this complete package for under $40 a year because Ebates will give you $10 cash back for signing up with Bluehost upfront. That is a great deal that you will want to take advantage of.
How to Get Traffic to my Blog
Social media has made getting traffic to your blog or website so much easier and attainable. If you use sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and especially Pinterest, you will get traffic to your blog the very same day. You no longer have to wait for your blog or website to be included in the web search results, which could take a few weeks or longer because many people today use these social media sites to find information online rather than Google or Bing. In addition to using this method, you will also want to connect with other bloggers in your niche because they have already built up a following and they may even share your content with their blog readers for additional traffic. All of these are free techniques to get traffic to your blog that really does work.
A free newsletter subscription is another effective way to get traffic to your blog. You will want to share updates to your newsletter subscribers on a weekly basis that lead back to your blog or website. Make sure that you have a web form for people to subscribe to your free newsletter that will be visible on your blog or website. I personally use MailerLite because it is free to use for the first 1,000 subscribers and you can send unlimited emails. It is beautifully designed and visually appealing for your subscribers.
How do I set up a blog?
While it is true that getting a blog is the easy part but building and setting up your blog may be a little bit more challenging. But with Bluehost and the 1 click WordPress installation, it is super easy to use. If you know how to search the web and check your emails and do nothing else, you will want to take my online course entitled, How to Start a Blog with Blogger or WordPress on Udemy. The course is very detailed and informative yet so easy to understand with visual presentations that bring the course to life. You will not be disappointed. You can even see a preview of the course online here. I have a special promotion for my followers where you can take the course for a discounted rate. You can redeem your coupon here. Plan to spend at least an hour or more of your time completing the entire course. You can do so in intervals or all at once.
I also have a book available on Amazon entitled, “How to Make Money Everyday Blogging for Full-Time Income” which has become even more relevant since I wrote the book. Why? Because more people have turned to blogging to reap the financial benefits of having your own blog. This book explains how to write articles and post them on your blog, the various ways to make money with your blog, and how to be a successful blogger so that you can not just make extra cash but full-time income from home. You can download it for free or read it online if you have Kindle unlimited. You can also order a physical copy of the book if you so desire.
Downsides to Blogging?
As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages but overall blogging is one of the best experiences that you could possibly endeavor into. If you tend to be a workaholic, like I am, you could get burned out with blogging or spend too much time writing posts, updating your content, and maintaining your blog in general so it really comes down to managing your time wisely. Try not to do everything at once and make sure that you protect your content. There are thieves offline and online who would love to copy your content and pass it off as their own but I explain more about this in my online course.
Give Blogging a Try
If you are left with a desire to start a blog, please do not hesitate to do so. I know the power of blogging and how it can change your life and those who read your blog. This cannot be underestimated as well as the fact that you can earn full-time income blogging. This post has everything you need to get started and in case you forgot here are some resources to help you start your own blog or website today.
Bluehost – Get your own blog/website/domain/24/7 support
Blogging Course – Learn how you can start your own blog or website with WordPress or Blogger in just one day!
Traffic to your Blog – Mailerlite is a free newsletter service that you can use along with social media to get free traffic to your blog.
Full-Time Income Blogging – Read the book that includes my own experiences blogging and how I made close to $1,500 in one day from my blog!
Are you ready to start your own blog today? Do you have your own blog or website and want to share your blogging journey? If so, please leave me your comments below.