We may earn money or products from some of the companies mentioned in this post.
One of the most clever ways to reach a targeted audience and to share and promote products they will be interested in is with email newsletters. I highly recommend using this method if you are thinking about starting a blog or your own business, are on social media, looking for a more personal way to connect with your followers or even have the desire to make extra money online. Email marketing has been around for years and it is has proven to be quite effective and simple for even the most basic internet users.
Today, I will share share with you at least 10 different ways that you can use newsletters to make money online. But in order to do this, you will need a newsletter service. Vertical Response is a professional email and social media marketing service that will help you to create, send, and track emails and social posts that look great on any device. Please sign up for your free newsletter service here. Here are some of the features of the Vertical Response Newsletter program.
- Send 4,000 emails per month to up to 300 contacts for free!
- Email campaigns will be sent out within minutes.
- You can create beautiful landing pages with their easy to use editor.
- You can share your newsletter on the web for everyone to see.
- Countless other features.
Vertical Response will help you to to take your ideas, dreams and goals to the next level. I like newsletters because you don’t have to obtain a hosting plan, buy a domain, build a website, or write a book that may take a lot of your time and energy. With a newsletter you can get immediate results and build a following and your brand in the process.
I also like this service because it is free so you have nothing to lose. In fact, you have much to gain by incorporating some of these full-proof ideas that will help you earn extra income with a newsletter. Here is how this can be achieved.
10 Ways to Make Money with a Newsletter
- Offer Freebies – Almost everyone likes freebies and a newsletter is the perfect place to promote free items to your audience. It can also be helpful to mention freebies if you don’t know exactly what to share in your newsletter. Try to incorporate freebies as much as possible because it may help you get more subscribers and build a buzz around your newsletter. Here are some freebies your newsletter subscriber will appreciate Thredup (get $10 to spend shopping here), Retail Me Not (free app that helps you save money), Ebates (cash back for your purchases), Ibotta (cash back to scan your receipts), Checkout51 (free cash to buy groceries), and Feature Points (free app that will give you cash or free gift cards to download and install free apps).
- Sell Products – Use your newsletter to sell products from well-known brands like Amazon, Ebay, and other businesses and companies. Make sure that you know what your audiences is looking for or has an interest in so that you will have more success promoting and selling products from others in your newsletter.
- Sell your own Products – Even if you fall to incorporate the first 2 ideas mentioned above, you will never go wrong selling your own products. If you have an audience that appreciates and has value in what you share, they will be happy to support you by purchasing some of your products whether that be in the form of books, online courses and stores, apps, designs, t-shirts, etc. Just make sure that you include valuable content along with your products.
- Become an affiliate – If you don’t have any products that you have created yourself and need some items to promote, I have a few reliable affiliate programs that you can join to make a commission when you sell a product. Here are a few that I personally use and recommend Panthera Network, iGain, Share a Sale, and many others.
- Contests/Giveaways – Contest and giveaways are a great way to keep your audience excited about your newsletter because it gives them something to look forward to and gives your newsletter some credence.
- Surveys – Why not try promoting some of the survey panels that you are joined up with to earn money for referring your friends, family, and others. There are several sites that will pay you to recruit new members. Here are a few that you can try: Paid Viewpoint, Survey Savvy, Legerweb, Branded Surveys, Tellwut, Pinecone Research, Opinion Outpost, HCD Surveys, Global Test Market, YouGov,
- Smartphone Apps – Most everyone has a favorite app or two that they use regularly. Why not introduce your subscribers to some cool apps that can benefit them in some way whether it be to save time, provide a service they need or even help them to earn some cash.
- Advertisers – Once your newsletter is established your own subscribers or advertisers may want to promote their products or ideas to your audience. As the owner of your newsletter you can come up with or negotiate a rate they agree to pay for this service. If you send out weekly newsletters, you may be able to increase your earnings with advertisers or spots for sponsors in your newsletter.
- Blog/Website – If you are a website owner, you can use your newsletter to draw attention to it and cross-promote it to your audience. Never assume that your newsletter subscribers actually visit your blog. Give them a reason to by including creative and informative content in your newsletter. If you are thinking about acquiring a blog or website, try Bluehost for just under $5 a month!
- Extra Cash Sites – An added feature to your newsletter would be to include some sites that they could join for some extra cash. I always recommend using sites that you are familiar with and really use so that you can provide some helpful tips on how to be successful with them. Here are some extra cash sites that you can promote in your newsletter also. Bankrollbucks, PrizeRebel, InstaGC, Cash Crate, Perk, Inbox Dollars, Clixsense, Swagbucks and you can find more here.
You can watch these two video tutorials on how easy it is to use and send out newsletters online. Don’t forget to subscribe here.
Of course there are many more ways you can make money with your newsletter and you are free to use and incorporate as many as you like in addition to what I mentioned above. Are you thinking about starting your own newsletter or have you done so in the past? If so, please leave your tips and advice on what it was like, what you would do differently or not at all and if you currently subscribe to a newsletter service.