Do you commute to work or currently looking for ways to make money from home? If so, there are at least 30 jobs you can do without leaving your home. Many of these jobs allow you to work as little or as much as you want. These jobs will not take too much of your time and may not even require any experience.
Before you start applying, make sure you have the following items in your home office.
- Reliable internet connection (preferably high-speed Internet).
- A desktop or flat surface to support your computer or laptop.
- An area in your home that you can set aside to work. If possible, select a room with a door for privacy.
- An ergonomic keyboard and/or chair that is designed to fit you while you work.
- A printer to print off important documents and records that may be related to your job.
If you lack some of the essential items for your home office or want items that will help your workspace be more organized, please visit my Amazon page here for the latest work at home equipment and office supplies.
Before you apply to some of these jobs you can do from home, please read over the suggestions listed below so that you can have a great experience working from home that will contribute, not take away from, your overall happiness.
- You can work without any conflicts in your schedule to have good attendance.
- Select jobs that appeal to you so you won’t be inclined to quit your job too soon.
- Apply for jobs that will not overwhelm you to prevent burnout.
- Avoid working during non-work hours to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Read the entire job description to ensure you can fulfill your job responsibilities.
30 Jobs You Can Do From Home in 2023
- Meal Service Rep – VRI is looking for individuals to receive and validate referrals for authorizations for meal services for case managers and clients. This is a full-time job that requires excellent customer service skills. Pays $17 per hour with weekends off.
- Good Starter – Pleio needs remote agents to help patients get into a good routine of taking their medications. You must be empathetic with 2 years of customer service experience. You can set your own schedule.
- Reading Tutor – BookNook is looking for people to help students K-8 become better readers by teaching reading and literacy lessons online. This opportunity is open worldwide and allows you to choose your own hours. Pays $18 per hour plus bonuses.
- Write and Sell Articles – Marker Content is a company that will pay you to upload and sell your articles. These articles can be new or old. You will earn 80% from each article you sell.
- Call Reviewer – Humanatic is a company that is looking for people to listen to recorded calls and categorize them based on how the call was answered. You can use your computer or smartphone to categorize calls. Payments are made weekly via PayPal. Open worldwide and to teens.
- Virtual Receptionist – PatLive is seeking Virtual Receptionists to answer calls for various businesses and type messages. You can work a minimum of 25 hours a week. They offer a flexible schedule. You must have good verbal skills and can multitask. No experience is required.
- Media Search Analyst – Telus International is seeking individuals to evaluate the App Store content search results. This is a non-phone job that allows for a flexible schedule. You will need an email address associated with an Apple ID.
- Data Collectors – OneForma is seeking people to record themselves reading text from a home. You must have a professional studio to record your voice. This assignment will last 2 to 3 months.
- Professional Scorer – Write Score is looking for individuals to read and score student responses. You will analyze student papers and discuss the results with lead instructors. Orientation starts in July.
- Transcription – TranscribeMe has openings for remote workers to transcribe 2-4 minute short clips. This company also has jobs in translation, annotation, and subtitling. Work anytime for as long or as little as you want. Open worldwide.
- Educational Outreach Specialist – Next Wave@Home is looking for people to conduct interviews with students and parents providing assistance and service to help them achieve a better future. You can choose your own hours. Pays $14 up to $25 per hour. Starts in April.
- Telephone Interviewer – Eureka Facts is seeking candidates to recruit and screen potential respondents for research studies. You will also input or record data. You will work 20 to 29 hours a week from Monday through Saturday.
- Editor/Proofreader – Scribendi has remote jobs for editors and proofreaders to work on editing assignments on their own schedule. Pays per job or assignment upfront.
- Community Moderator – The Social Factor is looking for people to develop, strong growing communities for some of the world’s largest brands. This is a non-phone part-time work from home job that allows you to work a flexible schedule.
- Web Content Writers – Study.com has several non-phone work-from-home jobs for freelance writers and others. Right now, they need people to write 7-10 articles per week producing content for their websites. Requires 1 year of writing experience. Self-directed or flexible schedule.
- Short Tasks – Clickworker has several jobs and gigs that you can complete from your home office or smartphone. You can get paid to take photos of items, make videos, record your voice, search the web, and more.
- Data Entry – Reesby IT has remote data entry positions for typists to input data directly from customers. You will also prepare spreadsheets. This is a full-time position.
- English Assistant – FluentU has openings for native English speakers to complete simple tasks involving transcribing English videos, correcting annotations, and checking images for annotations. You will work 15 hours a week.
- Virtual Tutor – Magic Ears is looking for tutors to help students learn English from your home office. Work whenever you want and earn up to $26 per hour.
- Member Experience Specialist – Wild Alaskan is seeking agents to help members with order issues, cooking, and recipes as well as build relationships. This job comes with a competitive salary and a free box of fish monthly!
- Stylists – Stitch Fix is seeking individuals to help clients look and feel their best. This is a fun work from home job that will help you to solve wardrobe problems customers have.
- Live Chat – Outplex has 10 openings for reps to chat with customers by answering general questions and resolving problems via chat or phone. This job requires good typing skills.
- Tech Support – 2U is seeking people to troubleshoot student and faculty issues and provide world-class service to customers. You will work 15-29 hours a week including weekends. Pays $17 per hour.
- Deal Hunter – Slick Deals needs people to help others make smart buying decisions, find deals, and save money by researching coupons and searching the web. This job starts at 5:30 pm to 1:30 am PST which may involve weekends. Full-time.
- Player Support – Keyword Studios needs people with a passion for playing video games to assist players with in-game or account issues and tackle game-related questions. They have an employee referral program to help you earn more money too.
- My Employment Options – This company has work-at-home jobs for those who receive SSI or SSDI. Their program and job placement services are completely free. You can find all kinds of opportunities to apply for.
- KeyforCash – Get paid to type in alpha and numeric data from images shown on your computer screen. This job allows you to log in and work anytime. You can watch a video of what the job is like below. KeyforCash was formerly called Virtualbee.
- Online Scorer – Literably is looking for people to listen to kids read online and transcribe their errors. There is no experience required. You can work your own schedule. Pays every week.
- English Voice Writer – Captionmax is looking for people to produce real-time captions for live events. Requires a clear speaking voice.
- Data Entry – SigTrack is seeking data entry freelancers to type in signatures and registrations online. Payments are made via PayPal. Work whenever you want when work is available.