Would you like to make passive income from home? You may be wondering what passive income is. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, passive income is defined as money that you earn or generate on a regular basis with little to no effort. You don’t necessarily need to have a blog or website to make passive income from home.
Having access to the internet has made the goal of passive income, a reality for many. Even people who work from home may have a side hustle, online business, or gig that helps them earn passive income. But how is this possible? What is required? And how much will I earn will all be answered in this article.
Passive income is one of the best ways to
- Make money 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Gain financial independence.
- Have a life of freedom.
- Earn money while you sleep.
Some would say trying to make passive income from home is not as easy as it sounds. It will take some hard work and patience to get started in the beginning but if you give it your all, you will start earning passive income that may lead to full-time income.
Please keep in mind that some of these ideas to help you earn passive income may not involve any skills whatsoever.
- Creating Thumbnails – There is a great demand for people to create visually stimulating thumbnails with text for YouTube channels. You can use pre-made templates from Canva with stunning photos that you design and sell on sites like Fiverr, Upwork, Reddit, and more.
- Newsletter – Earn a passive income from subscribers to your newsletter by recommending items or selling your own products. You can try companies like Constant Contact for free for the first 60 days.
- Sell Blog Posts – Yes, you can sell your blog posts by putting them in an ebook or digital file for others to download for a fee.
- Create a Smartphone App – Mobile apps can be a lucrative source of passive income if they offer value to users. Whether it’s a gaming app, a productivity tool, or a niche-specific app, monetize it through in-app purchases, subscriptions, or advertising to make money every single day.
- Print on Demand – Launch an online store with Spreadshirt selling custom-designed merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, or phone cases using print-on-demand services. You don’t need to handle inventory or shipping; instead, the products are printed and shipped on demand, allowing you to earn passive income from each sale.
- Writing Ebooks – Writing ebooks is a great way to earn passive income from home. In the beginning, it may only take you a few days, weeks, or even hours to write your book and upload it to Amazon to earn passive income every month. As long as your book sells, you will income limit is uncapped meaning you have access to unlimited money with an ebook.
- Videos – Upload your original videos to YouTube for passive income. You can monetize them and get paid when you have earned $100. If your videos are very popular and get a lot of views, there is no limit to how much you can earn here. You can also upload your videos to Spotify for Podcasters to earn money every month.
- Flip Websites – Just like some people flip houses, you can flip websites too. You can get a free blog and purchase a domain name for $10 a year from Bluehost build up traffic to that blog and sell it for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. You could also buy used blogs or websites and revamp them to resell for profit.
- Start a Blog – You can start your own blog and earn passive income daily simply by creating content there. You can sign up for a free Google Adsense account to earn money when people visit your blog. You can also earn money promoting other people’s content, selling space on your blog for people and businesses to advertise, and so much more. You can watch a video tutorial that will show you in detail how to set up your blog in just a few simple steps here
- Advertise – Companies and individuals may seek you out to advertise on social media, your blog, website, and elsewhere. You can set up fees and rates to earn passive income. (In order to be competitive, try not to overcharge). Check your competitor’s rates and stay in the same ballpark or even lower, especially when you are first starting out.
- Create Designs – Spreadshirt and other companies will allow you to make your own designs and sell them on your own online store for passive income. You could also make designs for others to use on their t-shirts. If your designs are really popular you might be able to earn full-time passive income.
- Online Courses – There has been a great demand for online learning in the past few years. If you possess knowledge or expertise in a specific area, consider creating an online course. Platforms like Udemy and Teachable allow you to monetize your expertise by selling courses to a global audience.
- Writing Articles – Writing articles is a great way to earn passive income from home. You don’t need any experience to start writing and this can be done in your spare time at your own pace and schedule. In order to generate the most income you will need to write quality articles on topics that you are either familiar with or passionate about. You can also write for companies that pay residual earnings for the lifetime of your article. For example, Hubpages, Marker Content, Constant Content, and other residual writing companies will pay you every month for articles that you write or have written. You can make anywhere from a few dollars up to hundreds or more every month.
- Host – List your property on Airbnb to make passive income from your residence. Make sure you take good photos with proper lighting, modern furnishings, desired amenities, and more to attract more buyers to purchase your space.
- Podcast – It has never been easier than it is right now to start and publish your own Podcast for free with Spotify. All you need is a microphone and a talking point. Spotify for Podcasters has cool features that allow you to upload your audio or video files. All you have to do is give your episode and podcast a title and description. Once you have gained so many listeners, you are able to insert ads into your episodes and earn money from sponsorships, subscriptions, and listener support. To get a feel of podcasting, listen to my latest episode here for inspiration.
- Affiliate Marketing – Promote well-known products from companies and businesses on your blog, website, Facebook, Podcast, YouTube channel, and anywhere you have an audience. Some companies may prefer that you have a blog and others simply want you to have a global reach on social media. Either way, you can generate passive income with your influence. Sign up to be an affiliate for companies like Shareasale, Panthera Network, Adbloom, Awin, ShopherMedia, and many others.
- Referrals – Sign up for companies like PaidViewpoint, PrizeRebel, Earnably, InstaGC, Bankrollbucks, and others. You will earn passive income monthly each time you are able to have a successful referral. The best part about this method is there is no cap on referrals which means you are able to earn as much as you want.
- Browsing online – Anyone can make passive income by searching the web in their spare time. There are companies that will pay you to install their extension while you search online on your smartphone, tablet, and/or computer. The app runs in the background and you will get paid every month as long as you keep the app installed. I use sites like Savvy Connect, Qmee, Swagbucks, and Inbox Dollars. You can also try Kash Kick, MyPoints, and Survey Junkie.
- Reels – Create short engaging videos that others can watch to earn passive income. You are likely to get a lot of views because the videos are brief and shareable. You can try posting and publishing reels on platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- Digital Products – You can sell a variety of downloadable digital products including digital planners that will help people plan out their weekly schedules, create a how-to guide about how to make passive income, business planners, resume templates, and so much more.
Are you ready to start making passive income online? If so, give at least one or some of these ideas a try today!